It is fair to say that we find ourselves in uncharted waters. COVID-19 is bringing a change to Scotland and it’s clear that lots of things are going to have to change in order to help us continue to be Scotland’s home for debt advice.
At Solutions Scotland, we have been doing everything we can to keep business as usual, but in the last fortnight we took the decision of enabling all of our staff to work from home until 13th April 2020, until we get a clearer idea of how this situation will develop.
Reacting to the latest government announcements, we have to plan on this situation being the new normal and we will do all that we can to make the advice you need available, but we need your help.
In order to continue the essential debt advice required as we see demand rise, we will start to implement the following changes:
• To ensure more people have access to essential debt advice, we are asking our clients if they are unable to make there booked in advice call to give us two hours’ notice to give us the chance to offer that slot to someone else in need.
• In order to allow Solutions Scotland colleagues to focus on helping as many people struggling with debt at this time, to use our electronic app or email where possible for future queries.
• To avoid posting documents where possible as this will put our staff at risk & will take longer than normal to process your case.
• No member of Solutions Scotland will see any clients face to face until the situation changes, to give our staff the best possible chance of staying safe.
• To help clients that are more vulnerable, our advisors will prioritise those cases.
• To ensure our advisors are helping as many Scottish residents struggling with debt through this period, our advisors will have access to communicate through to clients on our system’s SMS capability.
Solutions Scotland colleagues can work from home and please keep in mind a good number of them will need to respond to personal or family challenges connected with dealing with COVID-19. So we would please ask that you understand the challenging environment in which we are all working. If you do choose us and want to say thank you, then I’m sure they’d appreciate it by leaving a good review of how they helped – https://www.solutionsscotland.co.uk/customer-reviews/
Our compliance team will continue to ensure our advisors are meeting the core needs of our customers – we are confident that we can continue to help the nation. We are offering free debt advice as usual in this very challenging time and we will only get through this if we work together.
Thank you for your support.
Milton & Stirling Ltd T/A Solutions Scotland